- Some fish (350-450gm-ish)
- 150ml milk
- 150ml water
- 350gm-ish potatoes
- tablespoon of something creamy - bestfoods, sour cream, creme fraise, cream (any'll do)
- whatever herbs take your fancy (parsley, dill, basil, mixed, dry (a bit of chilli powder is good), fresh blah).
- lemon juice or zest
- an egg (beaten in a bowl)
- some flour
- some bread crumbs (I didnt have any so toasted bread in oven at 60-odd degrees while I prepared the rest, then smashed with a bacardi bottle when I was ready for it)
Put fish, milk, water in to pan. Bring to boil, lower heat then simmer for 4 minutes. Take off heat, put the lid on and leave to sit for ten minutes.
Extract fish with a holey spoon and leave in a bowl.
Boil potatoes. When soft, drain, leave for a few minutes to let moisture evaporate then moosh in pot. Add spoon of creamy yum. Add herbs, lemon juice and a good dose of salt and pepper. Taste (this is the bit you want to be yummy). Flake in fish with your fingers then fold into potato. Just once or twice - don't stir!
Roll patties with floury hands, dip in the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Fry 5 minutes each side.
Serve with watercress salad and a slice of lemon. Yum!