1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups plain flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat over to 150 degrees.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating until yellow disappears. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Dredge blueberries with 1/2 cup of flour (from the original 3 cups) and set aside.
- Combine remaining flour and salt and gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Gently stir in berries.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Fill a 2-cup, ovenproof measuring cup with water and place in oven with tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack